For Immediate Release
9 July 2004
Today, as the International Court of Justice determined that the Israeli Apartheid Wall violates international law and must therefore be dismantled, Al-Awda, the Palestine Right to Return Coalition USA joins in calling on all its chapters, action committees and supporters of justice to participate in the Solidarity Fast as announced by the Free Palestine Alliance (USA) on July 7, 2004.
The Solidarity Fast is in support of the hunger strike against the Zionist Apartheid Wall currently taking place in Palestine. It will take place on the following dates:
July 24 and 25, 2004 â the days leading up to the Democratic National Convention; August 28 and 29, 2004 â the days leading up to the Republican National Convention; January 19 and 20, 2005, the day before and day of the US presidential inauguration.
âTents of Justice and Peaceâ will be established around the United States to act as congregation centers for all those wishing to participate in or support the Solidarity Fast.
Recognizing the fact that the Palestinian struggle for freedom and return is an integral part of the world-wide struggle by the oppressed against tyranny, hegemony and exploitation, Al-Awda affirms its full support for the declared objectives of the fast as outlined by the FPA:
- We will fast to bring down the Apartheid Wall that is placing the Palestinian people in a segregation prison of racism and bigotry.
- We will fast to call for the right to return of the Palestinian people to their homes and homeland after 56 years of exile and dispossession.
- We will fast to demand an end to the colonial occupation of Iraq that is masquerading in various forms.
- We will fast in solidarity with all who are struggling against poverty, racism, and war â in the United States and across the world.
- We will fast in honor of peopleâs solidarity with each other, as we collectively reject segregation and Apartheid.
For more information, or to join/organize a âSolidarity Fastâ, please write to:
Al-Awda Call to Join Solidarity Fast Against Apartheid Wall
Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
PO Box 131352
Carlsbad, CA 92013