Weekly Demonstrations: 15/4/13
Posted inNews /

Weekly Demonstrations: 15/4/13

Al-Ma’sara: Israeli occupation forces suppressed the weekly march against the separation wall in Ma’sara. The IOF intercepted the march and attacked demonstrators, beating them, preventing them from reaching the wall and injuring a number of them.

Beit Ummar: Three demonstrators were hit by rubber-coated metal bullets fired by the IOF at the entrance to the village of Beit Ummar and dozens of citizens suffered the effects of tear gas and smoke bombs.

Kafr Kadum: On Friday IOF forces attacked protestors during the weekly anti-settlement march in Kafr Kadum demanding the opening of the main street of the village. Local sources reported Israeli soldiers fired stun grenades and tear gas towards the participants as they reached the iron gate which closes the main street of the village. Many were injured and required treatment in the field.

Nabi Saleh: Israeli soldiers fired metal bullets, stun grenades and gas towards participants in the weekly march in the village of Nabi Saleh.  A foreign activist demonstrating in solidarity with Palestine was shot three times in various parts of the body and was transferred to Yasser Arafat Hospital in Salfit. Another foreign activist was also injured and dozens suffered from the suffocating effects of tear gas.

Bil'in: Israeli soldiers fired metal bullets, stun grenades and tear gas at participants when they arrived at the “Abu Lemon” land near the Wall. This led to the injury of Ahmed Abdul Fattah Bernat (20 years) and Mohamed Ahmed Hamad (22 years).

Hebron: The IOF pumped skunk water and tear gas toward the homes of Palestinians and at demonstrators demanding the opening of an important road into the city of Hebron. The demonstrations are organized every week by the Committee for the Defense of Hebron and joined by many activists from STW and also abroad. Protestors raised Palestinian flags and pictures of the prisoner Samer al-Issawi (who is on long-term hunger strike) and the recent martyr Abu Hamdiyeh and chanted slogans calling for the freedom of Palestinian prisoners and the lifting of the road barriers. Murad Jabari, an activist from the Committee for the Defense of Hebron, added that the IOF began firing tear gas at protestors as soon as the demonstration began and this hasty violence provoked Palestinians to respond with stone throwing.