The ethnic cleansing of Masafar Yatta – if implemented – will be the largest Israeli mass expulsion of Palestinians since the 1970s.
This plan is a central element of Israel’s efforts to colonize Palestinian lands and to bannish Palestinians into racially segregated areas.
Defend the people of Masafar Yatta and join in the effort to #EndEthnicCleansing and #EndIsraeliApartheid.
On July 15, the Israeli occupation court will hear a renewed appeal and we know that that grassroots resistance combined with international pressure is the only way to make a difference.
Here is what you can do now
(1) Write to your representatives in parliament and government:
Please demand they pressure Israel to stop the ethnic cleansing in Masafar Yatta and elsewhere. Words of condemnation have proven ineffective.
Please ask for clear and effective accountability measures, such as a military embargo, a ban on settlement products or an end to normalization and diplomatic relations. Ask them to demand a UN investigation of Israeli apartheid.
If you are in the US, you can join the AJP action appeal.
(2) Organize protests with your local solidarity group:
Show the people in Masafar Yatta they are not alone. Organize protests in your area to pressure your government or complicit corporations and institutions to stop supporting apartheid Israel’s policies of ethnic cleansing and colonization.
(3) Ensure that all those complicit in Israel’s ethnic cleansing policies in Masafar Yatta and elsewhere in Palestine are held accountable:
Join and support one of the BDS campaigns that target companies directly involved in the colonization of Palestinian land – this can be:
- the BoycottHP campaign against the company’s role in providing the digital backbone for Israeli apartheid and military occupation,
- the BoycottPuma campaign against the sports equipment manufacturer’s sponsorship of the Israel Football Association (IFA), which includes teams in Israel’s illegal settlements on occupied Palestinian land,
- the AxaDivest campaign to pressure the insurance giant to cut its investments in Israeli banks and corporations that provide concrete assistance to Israel’s illegal policies of settlements, ethnic cleansing and annexation,
- the campaign against Israel’s greenwashing and efforts to hold agri-business such as Mekorot, Netafim. Haifa Chemicals and the Jewish National Fund accountable.