Recently the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign called for a Boycott of Israeli potatoes, fruit, and herbs being sold in supermarkets throughout Ireland.
The IPSC writes: "In South Africa, an international boycott was key in ending apartheid. You can help defeat the brutal apartheid system that Israel is imposing on the Palestinians. Our governments have failed to act, so it's critical for individual people to take action in solidarity with Palestinians."
The IPSC is urging everyone living in Ireland to:
- Boycott Israeli Goods, and encourage others to do so as well.
- Look for 'Country of Origin' or 'Produce of' labels on everything; if something is from Israel don't buy it.
- Complain to the management of shops that stock Israeli produce, in person or in writing, using your power as a consumer
- Demand alternatives to Israeli produce
- Highlight the involvement of Irish Companies with Israel. Examples include CRH, which owns 25% of an Israeli cement company supplying materials for building the Apartheid Wall, and Fyffes, which distributes Israeli fruit in Ireland and Britain.
- Build awareness of, and opposition to, the worsening situation in Palestine – write to your local or national newspapers; contact your elected representatives.
- Organise a Boycott protest outside shops that stock Israeli goods
- If you need assistance, contact the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (IPSC)
- Sign the IPSC online petition
- Join the IPSC
For more information see the IPSC website.