Weekly Anti-Wall Protest Update
Posted inNews /

Weekly Anti-Wall Protest Update

In the weekly protest in Nabi Saleh, two people were severely injured, and dozens more suffered tear gas and pepper spray inhalation.
The protest began in the village square. As the protestors marched to the main entrance of the village, the Israeli Occupation Force (IOF) closed the road and began firing on the protest with tear gas, stun grenades and rubber-coated metal bullets. Two people were injured by the rubber-coated metal bullets, one in the head and one in the back. Meanwhile 3 people were affected by pepper spray, including Nariman al-Tamimi (a female first aid medic), Bassam Al Tamimi and Naji al-Tamimi. Also, dozens more were affected by tear gas, including a child – Mohammed Abdul Latif Rushdie. The IOF also fired tear gas at the houses of the village and many people inside the houses suffered from tear gas inhalation. The house belonging to Murad Abdel-Hafiz al-Tamimi was targeted with tear gas as a way of inflicting collective punishment on its occupants.

At the weekly protest in the village of Ni’lin, three people were injured and dozens more suffered severe tear gas inhalation. Meanwhile, settlement expansion continued in Nili, Nila, Kiryat Sefer and Modi’in Illit continues. The protest began after Friday prayers, with local villagers being joined by international activists. The protestors marched around the village holding Palestinian flags, banners and signs opposing the occupation, the Wall and the settlement extensions. They marched to the gate in the Apartheid Wall, where the IOF shot at them with tear gas, stun grenades and rubber coated metal bullets. Three people suffered injuries from this, and many more suffered from severe tear gas inhalation.

At the protest in Bil’in, dozens of people suffered severe tear gas inhalation while protesting the continued detention of People’s Committee Coordinator Abdullah Abu Rahma. Local villagers together with international activists marched to the Apartheid Wall where the IOF, having closed the gate, fired tear gas, stun grenades and rubber coated metal bullets. Several people were injured and dozens suffered tear gas inhalation. Also, an olive tree was ignited as a result of IOF weaponry being fired.