Weekly Anti-Wall Protest Update – April 24
Posted in

Weekly Anti-Wall Protest Update – April 24


15 demonstrators were injured today, including solidarity activists and a journalist. There were also dozens of cases of severe asphyxia as a result of inhaling the tear gas in clashes that took place in the village of Bil'in, after Occupation forces suppressed the central march against the Wall and the settlements in the village of Bil'in.

This march commemorated the second anniversary of the martyrdom on behalf of Abu Rahmah, and participants held Palestinian flags and pictures of martyrs Jawaher Abu Rahmah.

A large number of Israeli soldiers attacked the march at the entrance to the village from the west side, but despite the violent repression the rally continued to walk towards the Wall. A large military force had erected a human barrier of soldiers near the gate to prevent the demonstrators from entering the land behind the Wall. A large number of soldiers were deployed on the route of the Wall, and a large vehicle sprayed protesters with putrid water mixed with the chemicals. When protesters tried to cross towards the soldiers, Occupation forces fired stun grenades, rubber-coated metal bullets and tear gas from all directions.

Despite these attacks, demonstrators passed the Wall from the northern side. They got bythe jeeps and waved Palestinian flags over them. Mohammad Hisham Bernat (28 years) and Mohammed Shawkat Al-Khateeb (18 years) were both beaten; Bernat was hit in the head and al Khateeb was hit in the head and hand. Other injuries included Mohammed Nabil Abu Rahma (18 years) by a rubber bullet, Mohammed Abdul Karim Al-Khatib (36 year) leg injury, Iyad Bernat (34 years) leg injury, Ashraf Abu Rahma (30 years, hand injury), Nacho (36 years, hand injury, Spanish), Simon (30 years, hand injury, Andre Jazo (73 years, from Switzerland, hand injury), Ahmad Ibrahim Abu Rahmah (35 years, leg injury), Mohammed Ahmed Hamad (20 years, leg injury), Mustafa Shawkat Al-Khateeb (19 years, head injury), and journalist Khaled Sabarneh (41 year, leg injury), Mohammed Ahmed Yassin (22 years, leg injured), and Isra Bernat (22 year), who was transferred to the hospital. Other injuries included Louisa Morzintini Wad, Fadwa Barghouti, and Mustafa Barghouti, in addition to severe asphyxia and dozens of cases of suffocation and severe vomiting.


Occupation forces suppressed the weekly demonstration in the village of Ni'lin and fired tear gas canisters and metal bullets towards the participants in the demonstration. The protest began after Friday prayers on land adjacent to the wall and threatened with confiscation. Three young men were injured after being struck by tear gas rounds. There were a number of cases of suffocation in the ranks of the demonstrators and international solidarity activists.

Al Ma’sara

Israeli occupation forces suppressed afternoon weekly demonstration in the village of the al Ma’sara, which began in front of the village school and headed to land owned by the people of the village and isolated by the Apartheid Wall

The protesters were joined by international solidarity in the demonstration, and carried Palestinian flags and chanted slogans for national unity and calling for an end to the occupation. At the entrance of the village a military force was stationed there and blocked the road, preventing protesters from continuing their march towards the land. Soldiers proceeded to beat them and fire tear gas and sound bombs towards them.

Al Nabi Saleh

On Friday, Israeli occupation forces arrested elderly people of the village and three solidarity activists. There were dozens of cases of chocking on tear gas in the weekly demonstration in the village, and soldiers closed the village’s three entrances and barred residents from entering or leaving, in addition to preventing dozens of journalists and peace activists and participants from surrounding villages and towns access.

Occupation forces fired tear gas canisters and sound bombs at the marchers, causing dozens of cases of suffocation among the protesters and innocent residents in their homes.

Demonstrators decided to stand in the face of this repression and sit on the ground despite all threats, attacks and provocations by Israeli soldiers. Demonstrators chanted slogans demanding an end to the occupation and the liberation of the prisoners, and expressed their full solidarity with Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.

Israeli occupation forces arrested Mr. Fadl al-Tamimi, 51 years old, and took him to an unknown destination after being beaten. Also, the Occupation army arrested three internationals and took them to an unknown location.