Stop the Wall strongly supports and promotes the call for a mandatory, comprehensive military embargo issued by the BNC (Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee).
The urgency for an end to military relations with Israel and the defunding of its military and homeland security complex is evident to each of the activists struggling on the ground against the Wall and the settlements. The military oppresses popular struggle with:
- the weapons used to kill and injure the people participating in the popular resistance and our people at large,
- the technology used to repress us and to build the Wall,
- the money spent on the military force securing the occupation,
- the colonization of our lands and our ghettoization behind the Apartheid Wall
All this would not be possible without international military relations and cooperation.
We will not accept as normal what kills us.
In memory of the martyrs of the popular resistance against the Wall and the settlements, we ask the world to urgently act upon the Palestinian call for a mandatory, comprehensive military embargo.
BNC Military embargo call and background paper:
- Full BNC Call for a mandatory comprehensive military embargo
- Background paper with a detailed legal and political analysis of international military relations with Israel and their impact
Stop the Wall resources
- Stop the Wall submission to the EU consultation on its research policy: Stop EU research funding for Elbit, IAI and other Israeli companies!
- Stop the Wall report on the history and present of military relations between Israel and South America. A history of repression of people’s movements across the ocean. “Buying into Occupation and War: The implications of military ties between South America and Israel”
- Stop the Wall's disconcerting and potentially explosive report on growing and strategic military relations between Brazil and Israel: “Brazil's Military Relations with Israel”
- Burma, Zimbabwe, Colombia – just three of the oppressive regimes supported by the Israeli Occupation. This fact sheet details the links, and alarming new developments for Israel’s nuclear weapons capacity in 2007: Exporting occupation – the Israeli arms trade
Reports on specific military companies
- Stop the Wall Factsheet on one of Israel’s biggest military companies and its involvement in Israeli war crimes, incuding the construction of the Wall: Boycott Elbit Systems!
- A briefing submitted to the Norwegian State pension fund. In September 2009 the finance ministry announced Norwegian divestment from Elbit. “The investment of the Norwegian Pension Fund in Elbit Systems: Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law violations in Palestine”
- Stop the Wall factsheet on companies building the Wall, many of which are part of the Israeli military and “homeland security” complex: Companies building the Wall
Israeli military repression against popular resistance
- Stop the Wall report on the military repression of popular resistance, its strategies, tools, methods and impact, covering March – June 2010: Report: People versus Oppression
- Joint report from Stop the Wall Campaign and Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association examines Israel’s policies of arrest, detention and military repression against Palestinian Popular Committees engaged in the struggle against the construction of Wall.